your thai massage session
30 min: $40
60 min: $85
90 Min: $125
Before you arrive:
When you Arrive:
- Try to arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment time before your Thai Massage session.
- Try not to eat 90 minutes before your Thai Massage session.
- Wear long, loose pants (even in the summer) that allow you to move (no shorts or nylon running pants).
- Bring a sweater or an overshirt for your comfort.
- If possible, download a client information form to fill out and bring with you on your first appointment.
You can hang up your coat, take off your shoes, use the restroom if you need. We'll sit on the mat for a few minutes where we will talk about your health history, discuss your present situation, your reasons for coming for Thai Massage, and any concerns that you have. I will describe briefly what to expect and we will get right to work.
During the session:
After the session:
- Settle onto the mat and try to focus on your breathing.
- Feel free to talk or be silent. If a question, comment or insight arises its ok to give it voice.
- Try to be mindful of any desire or tendency toward idle chatter.
- Let go, let go, let go, as much as possible for you, let go. In other words, if I lift your leg and begin moving it, let me do the work; try not to help. The full benefits of Thai Massage are realized when the receiver is fully passive and allows their full range of motion.
We will take a few moments to check in about the session, and to see how you are feeling. Usually the next appointment is scheduled at that time, and then payment is rendered - Cash, Check, or MasterCard/Visa are accepted.
As you leave the Studio:
- Re-enter your day slowly if you can.
- Drink water if you are thirsty.
- Try to be mindful of feelings in the body, as well as thoughts and insights that may arise through the rest of the day.
- Also be aware that there may be sore spots, and in rare cases even slight bruising. Soreness usually dissipates within a day.